Monday, September 29, 2008

A trip to see friends.

So last week I ventured to New Hampshire, Maine, and Boston to visit friends. The trip started early Wednesday morning with a 6:30am flight to Manchester NH. I've taking this flight before in that past on Southwest and always enjoy the fact that it's usually 12 other people and me flying. It was that way again so I stretch out on the seats and took a nice nap. I picked up my rental car and made my way to Bar Harbor, ME. Wednesday: I arrived in the afternoon and hung out with my upcoming shipmates Jen, Larrance and Mike. Thanks to Jen and Larrance for letting me stay at their house for a couple of nights. Jen and Larrance own Improv Acadia. A wonderful theater in Bar Harbor. I did the show Wednesday night with them and had a lot of fun. Thursday: Jeff and Jeanie are currently on my former ship the Norwegian Dawn and were porting in Bar Harbor today. It was great to see them. I hadn't seen then since April! Yikes! I also was very excited to see April. She is a singer in the Jean Ann Ryan Company and we became great friends while traveling the seas together. This was April's last week on the ship before she heads to Las Vegas to pack up and then move to Chicago! So we all went to Jordan Pond House to get their world famous Popovers and enjoy Acadia National Park. They got back on the ship and headed to Boston. I went to bed early so I could get a jump start in the morning. Friday: Woke up at 4:30am and started driving to Boston. As I arrived in Boston a huge rain Storm was arriving as well. I met up with Jeff, Jeanie and April and we headed into the City. We wanted to do some fun stuff, but the weather would not have it. We ending up just eating lunch, Getting soaked and just heading back to the ship. We said our goodbyes to each other and I headed back to Manchester, Nh to catch my flight. Hopefully Jeff, Jeanie and I will reunite in February on The Gem. We are trying real hard to get a contract together. It was a very short but excellent vacation.



While Driving from NH to ME I got myself a nice $185 dollar speeding ticket. There's a good chance ME will never never see that money.



Me having fun. Jeff in his same old picture pose. Things never change


Yeah April!!!


The drive back to NH on Friday was a wet one. People tend to forget how to drive the minute rain hits.



This was false advertising. It turned out to be a gas station and not a mouth sex factory.


Take off.


Landing


Look everyone Foliage!!


Hey that looks like Brett hanging out at Improv Acaida. Once on the ship this little guy will be turning up in all sorts of places. Stay tuned.


Not pictured Jeanie Best friend Dave Heenan

2 comments:

Jen & Larrance on a Ship said...

Jen and Larrance. Larrance. L-A-R-R-A-N-C-E.

Brett said...

That's what I had typed down but I think Spell check corrected me. Sorry!!!